November 3, 2011 by Carin
- Made it to the gym this week for an hour of yoga. It was awesome and helped loosen up some of my tired muscles from Saturday’s race, but I left the gym not feeling as tired or humming with endorphins. Does this happen to others or just me?
- The ING New York City Marathon is on Saturday. Jenny Finch, the women’s Olympic softball pitcher, is starting dead last and for every runner she passes, Timex will donate $1 to the New York Road Runners youth program. Read an interview with her here. Very cool, but wow what mental toughness you need to do this. How many runners do you think she will pass?
- A friend sent me an invitation to join Pinterest. I might just be in trouble, but oh what fun to look at what other people pin and what a great way to save ideas from the internet in one location.
- I still have not ordered fabric for new winter pillow covers for our family room. I keep finding new fabric, but now I can pin it on Pinterest and lament some more. But I do have my mom on board to do the sewing!
- I need a new cell phone. I was thinking the iphone, but I keep hearing that there are phones just a good and less expensive. Any thoughts? Do you love your cell phone?
- Am I the only person that is bugged by Kim K’s divorce? Probably not! But seriously, how many millions of dollars were spent on the wedding when they could have been used for so many better things.
- This is a creative and fun mother’s necklace . Love it! This one is pretty cute too, hard to decide.
- Have you heard of or read the book Go the F**k to Sleep? A great book for any parent of a child that just will not go to sleep for whatever reason they can think of. Hilarious!
What’s been on your mind this week?
Have a great weekend and see you back here next week!!