December 29, 2011 by Carin
The New Year is just around the corner. Can you believe 2011 is almost over? CRAZY! The year went so fast, it feels like it was just February and we were having dinner with Gina and Brian, looking at baby name books and staying up way too late (easier to do when you only have 1 child). Remember that Gina? Wow, this year went fast, yeah I know I just said that, but really. 2012, how did you sneak up on me like that?
With the New Year coming up fast, have you thought about your resolutions? I prefer setting goals these days instead of resolutions. Goals seem easier to achieve and less like a failure when you don’t reach or complete them all. Goals always seem like something to work towards throughout the year instead of something that you have to do right away. Goals feel more gray then black and white. So now we have that out of the way, here are a few goals I am going to work on in 2012.
Personal Goals for 2012:
- Run 6 races this year at a distance of 10K or longer. One of them could even be a marathon of I can get my act together. But 10K or longer seems reasonable and should be easy to achieve. I am already registered for 2 races in March, so 4 more throughout the year shouldn’t be to tough, but you never know.
- Make monthly date night/date afternoon a priority with my husband. We tend to get busy or the opposite, lazy when it come to just us time. Setting aside an evening or afternoon once a month should not be tough and would be really good for our marriage. Having two kids now means we have less time alone together, so spending some quality time as a couple and not “mommy and daddy” might just renew some spark!
- Paint my living room and hallway, as well as settle on an area rug for the living room. I have been feeling tired of our red wall in our living room and I think it is time to mix it up a bit. Maybe a grey color and a fun colorful rug to go with our neutral furniture. The rug feels like such a commitment that I have a hard time pulling the trigger and purchasing one. I will purchase a rug this year!
- Have a monthly girls night. Every mom needs some time away from the kids, as well as the husband. This one will probably be hard. I am a little bit of a homebody and love being with my husband, so I will have to make an extra effort to schedule something each month to fulfill this goal. But it will be worth it!
- Come with and execute 2 craft projects a month with Grace and Myles (when he is a little older, probably mid to end of 2012). Grace loves to color, glue with glitter and paint. So making an effort to make a craft with her twice a month will be a lot of fun and good for her. Also, I hope to do something crafty on my own monthly. It can be for our home, one of the kids or a gift. But do something fun and creative.
My goals should be easy to fulfill, maybe not a 100%, but they give me something to work toward. I tried to come up with some that focus just on me, something for my marriage, my kids and lastly our home. Those are the most important things to me and the things that deserve the focus. During the following year, I will update you on how I am doing and probably even post about some of the goals above whether it be a date with my husband, a craft I do with Grace or maybe some before and afters when we paint. If I totally bomb on a goal, I will be sure to let you guys know that as well, because like I said above, goals are something to work toward and are not things you have to do.
What are your goals for 2012? What do you want to work toward and achieve as we enter a new year? Please share!